Currently on Exhibition
Based in the San Francisco Bay Area since 2000, Adrian Arias is an American-Peruvian prize-winning poet, visual artist, curator and cultural promoter. His visual art, like his poetry, explores the absurd, the sensuality of elements, and the connection between reality and dreams. Arias has participated in international exhibitions, showing his video-installations and visual poetry objects and drawings in Japan, France, Spain, Italy, Poland, Canada, Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Dominican Republic, Peru, and the US.
Prizes in Visual Arts:
2010 – Beautiful Trash (visual installation), selected for Artist Residency at de Young Museum, San Francisco, CA
2009 – Frida in the Mirror (video), selected at 52nd SF International Film Festival and winner for Best of the Festival at Berkeley Film & Video Festival
2008 – Mi pelicula empieza… (video), selected at International Art Festival BAC in Barcelona, Spain
2006 – Selected for Video Art Prize Ingenio 400, Madrid, Spain
2001 – Curiosity (object), selected for Bunker of Visual-Poetry, Venice Biennial, Italy
1997 – Strange Object (video installation) selected at International Biennial, Peru
1995 – Golden Medal at 55th International Salon of Photography, Japan
1993 – Golden Medal at 53rd International Salon of Photography, Japan
List of Exhibition Pieces:
Wall 1 (3 pieces, left to right)
- Lady of the Fish, mixed media on Arches 300grs, 2013-2015
- Yellow is the Color of Sadness, mixed media on Arches 300grs, 2013-2015
- Helen Playing Cello for 77 Minutes, live work in collaboration with Helen Newby on the cello, mixed media on Arches 300grs, 2015
Wall 2 (6 pieces, left to right)
- Madre, mixed media on Arches 300grs, 2015
- Current (a dream), mixed media on Arches 300grs, 2015
- Self-portrait, mixed media on Arches 300grs, 2015
- Angel with Red Hair, mixed media on Arches 300grs, 2015
- Angel in Blue, mixed media on Arches 300grs, 2015
- Head (cabeza), live drawing at the concert of Locura @ The Independent, mixed media on Arches 300grs, 2014
For pricing, please contact Adrian at email@example.com.
About Exhibitions at the Red Poppy:
The Red Poppy Art House has featured installations and/or rotations of work by numerous Bay Area artists including Paz de la Calzada, Alberto Toscano, Fernando Diaz, Yolanda Lopez, Adriana Camarena, Indira Urrutia, Todd Thomas Brown, Adrian Arias, Ytaelena Lopez, Calixto Robles, Mona Caron, Dustin Fosnot, Claudio Nalerio, Sebastian Alvarez, and more.
As a predominantly multidisciplinary performance space, the Art House does not usually host formal exhibitions. Rather, we present works throughout the year via informal rotations of works for sale, as well as socially engaged large-scale installations pieces. To find out what is currently on display, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or come by for one of our performances.