PR Coordinator & Performance Program Internship:
The Red Poppy Art House is a multidisciplinary art space which hosts a diverse variety of local, national and international music performances of various genres. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic individual to serve as the PR Coordinator and Performance Program Intern. The selected candidate will be gain experience in artist coordination, event management, public relations, social media, and sound tech. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone educated in the arts, looking for hands-on experience to build their practical skill set applicable to many different fields. This intern will work closely with the Performance Program Manager.
The PR Coordinator and Performance Program Intern will assist with the following duties:
- Performance Program curation: Review booking inquiries for quality and relevance to the Poppy’s mission. Research potential performers outside the Poppy’s network of artists
- Artist coordination: Ensure completion of artist agreement, any additional contracts, and gather press materials from musicians
- Creation of press materials: Develop and submit press release and calendar listings for each performance
- Social media outreach and audience cultivation: Utilize Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms to reach new audiences
- House stewardship & event management: Set up sound and tech equipment for performances and oversee cleanliness and order of the house. Act in a professional matter as a Poppy representative to audiences and artists
The Ideal Candidate:
The idea candidate has interests in developing skills in event management, music, and public relations.
- Possesses excellent writing and editing skills
- Interested in cultivating community
- Is detail-oriented and posses the ability to multi task
- Is friendly and comfortable being a welcoming face around the Poppy.
- Possess the ability to maintain order and calm in a high-paced environment
- Interested in becoming a part of a vibrant community of artists, musicians, creative people, and volunteers
- 12-16 hours/week with flexibility. At least 8 of the time must be spent working on site at the Poppy. The intern required to attend a weekly team meeting on Wednesdays from 9:30am until 12:30pm with room for some flexibility.
- The intern must be willing to commit to at least 3-4 months beginning as soon as possible. An extension of the internship may be considered if the intern demonstrates sufficient capability to complete the required associated tasks.
This in an unpaid internship.
How to apply:
Please send a resume, cover letter and your availability to email@example.com. Include “Performance Program Internship” in the subject line of the email.