Looking for a unique space to hold an event?
The Red Poppy is a great venue for workshops, private fundraisers, or group discussions.
Our unique and dynamic space is a sunny, colorful storefront in the Mission neighborhood. It can be enjoyed as is, or transformed to meet your needs. As a space used for a wide variety of purposes, we offer a flexible environment with a significant number of folding chairs, stools and love seats. We are well equipped with performance lighting and a professional stereo system.
For a visual preview of the space, please check out the following Venue Plans.
A few quick facts about the Red Poppy:
– As a multidisciplinary arts space, the Red Poppy holds performances three nights per week. While it ranges week to week, they are usually Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Check out our performance calendar here (this can sometimes be a good way to find an available date).
– The Poppy is a homey, 650 square foot space. We do not recommend the space for parties larger than 60 people.
– Out of respect for our neighbors above we must close any rental by 9:30pm on a weekday evening and 10:30pm at the latest on a weekend. Our summer schedule runs slightly later.
– We do offer beverages at the Red Poppy by donation (alcoholic and non-alcoholic). If you wish to provide your own, we can accommodate this.
– The Red Poppy does have “house” caterers we can recommend, though we are also open to using outside catering services.
– Reduced rates are available for non-profit organizations.
Join Our Mailing List
May 18, 2013 1:00 pmPrice: Free
May 18, 2013 7:30 pmPrice: $12-20
May 19, 2013 4:00 pmPrice: $20
May 23, 2013 7:30 pmPrice: $10-$20
May 24, 2013 7:30 pmPrice: $12-15