The Red Poppy Art House is the perfect venue for a presentation or recital!
Bring your small dance company or theater group and showcase your latest work. Even if you’re just showing off your kid’s tap dancing talents to the neighborhood…. you can do it here!
Our unique and dynamic space is a sunny, colorful storefront in the Mission neighborhood. The Red Poppy can be enjoyed as is, or transformed to meet your needs. With a plethora of available folding chairs, stools and armchairs, a wide variety of audience set ups are possible. We are well equipped with performance lighting and a professional stereo system.
For a full visual preview of the space, please check out the Venue Plans.
A few quick facts about the Red Poppy:
– As a multidisciplinary arts space, the Red Poppy holds performances three nights per week. While it ranges week to week, they are usually Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Check out our performance calendar here (this can sometimes be a good way to find an available date).
– The Poppy is a homey, 650 square foot space. We do not recommend the space for parties larger than 60 people.
– Out of respect for our neighbors above we must close any rental by 9:30pm on a weekday evening and 10:30pm at the latest on a weekend. Our summer schedule runs slightly later.
– We do offer beverages at the Red Poppy by donation (alcoholic and non-alcoholic). If you wish to provide your own, we can accommodate this.
– The Red Poppy does have “house” caterers we can recommend, though we are also open to using outside catering services.
– Reduced rates are available for non-profit organizations.
**Rental rates vary significantly based on the kind of even and when it is occurring. To obtain a quote for a rental, please write to email@example.com.
Join Our Mailing List
May 19, 2013 4:00 pmPrice: $20
May 23, 2013 7:30 pmPrice: $10-$20
May 24, 2013 7:30 pmPrice: $12-15
May 25, 2013 1:00 pmPrice: Free
May 25, 2013 7:30 pmPrice: $10-$20