RENT THE POPPY
Consider hosting your wedding reception, rehearsal dinner, cocktail party, or company event, in one of the most intimately crafted creative spaces in the city.
Nestled in San Francisco’s Mission District at the corner of 23rd and Folsom, the Red Poppy Art House carries a charm likened to an old world cafe crossed with a painters studio and living room. In addition, it is equipped with a small kitchen, quality sound equipment for live performance, a French-made Pleyel upright piano, natural light and cozy nooks. Imagine your guests surround by the works of local artists within an environment that helps time slow down. There’s a reason it has often been referred to as as a “gem” of the Mission.
Let us Provide the Music
If you are needing live music for your event, we can make the arrangements for an additional fee.
The Poppy’s artistic network is vast, with ongoing relationships with musicians whose disciplines span traditional jazz standards, opera and Western classical repertoire, Eastern European/Balkan, Latin salsa and cumbia, and more.
A Win/Win Situation
The Poppy has affordable prices, and 100% of the funds go directly to support our performance programming, participating artists, and community arts practices. In this way, your rental serves to invest in local culture while you celebrate a special moment among friends and family.
- Out of respect for our neighbors above, we must close any rental by 10:00pm.
- Reduced rates are available for non-profit organizations and rates vary based on the kind of event and the day of the week.
- Professional sound system and sound board.
- Reconfigurable space to suit your needs and space for up to 49 people.
- Central location in the heart of San Francisco’s Mission District with close proximity to both BART and MUNI lines.
- Street parking.
- Wheelchair accessible.
- Knowledgeable and friendly support staff.
- Affordable rates. Additional charge required for use of PA system.
Click here to view more images of the Poppy, including space dimensions (created by Red Poppy volunteer, Nathan Majeski). For further information and inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.