The Red Poppy Art House is a multidisciplinary art space which hosts over 140 diverse multidisciplinary performance events per year, featuring music, poetry, dance, and literary events, as well as offering workshops and lectures. Not only do we present the best of local, national and international music of various genres, but we are a micro-center for artistic and intercultural life in San Francisco. Operating from an urban storefront of 650 square feet, the Red Poppy seeks to demonstrate the unique, powerful and irreplaceable capacity of small and intimate spaces, charting the course for an alternative model for community engagement in the arts.
As a primarily volunteer-based organization, the Volunteer Coordinator is an integral role within the Poppy team. This position requires impeccable organizational skills and exceptional interpersonal communication. The Volunteer Coordinator works in cooperation with the Poppy events calendar and the Host Coordinator in order to schedule and regularly fill shifts for our performances.
- Scheduling and correspondence for all volunteer shifts
- Delivery of event notifications, reminder emails and call for volunteers
- Monitoring and management of online resources
- Events calendar
- Volunteer sign-up calendar
- Email lists
- Regular communication with the Host Coordinator and Managing Director
- 20-28 hours per month, half of which can be done remotely
- Flexible schedule
- Free attendance for all (140) annual performances at the Red Poppy Art House, as well as a selection of performances by other arts presenting organizations which offer a limited number of comps.
- Access to the Red Poppy’s professional development track speaker series featuring artists, arts leaders, community organizers and philanthropic representatives that span the Bay Area Arts ecology and beyond.
- The chance to become part of a vibrant, socially engaged, heart-centered community in the arts, one that has a beautiful little space that will come to feel like your second home.
This is a part-time position supported by a $200 stipend. For more information or to apply, contact Zena Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are currently no other paid positions open at the Red Poppy Art House. However, we would love to connect with you as a volunteer, musician, artist or generally great human being. Please visit our participate page to find out about ways we would be excited to have you involved and/or send us a note at email@example.com.